Brightmoor Hospice is pleased to offer our 12 bed, state-of-the-art Inpatient facility to patients who meet the requirements for general inpatient level of care.
A routine homecare hospice patient may receive inpatient level of care for symptom management that cannot be controlled in their current environment. Examples of this situation include:
- Uncontrolled pain
- Intractable nausea and vomiting
- Uncontrolled respiratory distress
- Severe agitation, anxiety or delirium
- Advanced open wounds that require more than one person to complete complex dressing changes
- Imminent death that requires skilled nursing needs
Our inpatient facility is also available to provide respite care, allowing families to leave their loved one in a facility to receive skilled care for five days at a time.
While in our facility, family members are encouraged to visit and even stay overnight with their loved ones. Each room contains a large bathroom with a roll-in shower, its own heat and air system, a private patio with rocking chairs, a hide-a-bed sofa, cable TV, closets, cabinets and an individual phone number.
Our large communal living room and family quiet room are available to family members, as well as our chapel and children’s play room. Family members can also take advantage of our family kitchen that has a microwave, refrigerator, ice machine, coffee and kitchenware. Laundry facilities are also available.
Brightmoor Hospice employs a registered respiratory therapist on staff, and we are accredited for the following services in the inpatient unit:
- BIPAP, CPAP and both invasive and non-invasive ventilators
- High Flow, High Humidified Oxygen up to 50 L
- In-Wall Suction
- Intubated and tracheostomy patients
Ventilator patients can also be brought into our inpatient unit to be discontinued from the machine, allowing families a final goodbye with privacy and dignity.